- No artificial preservatives
- Assortment of flavors - chicken, cheddar, char tar and original
- All-natural - using the highest quality fruit, veggies, and proteins
- Made with real wheat
Our dogs are our family, and we want what’s best for them. Just like us, dog’s love (and deserve) the occasional treat – especially when they’ve been well behaved.
If you’re going to be giving your dog treats on a regular basis, then you’ll want to make sure they’re healthy and good for your dog.
The Old Mother Hubbard Classic Crunchy Natural Dog Treats are tasty, healthy treats that your dog is sure to love.
Keep reading for our review of these tasty treats, and we’ve included a list of the features and the pros and cons for good measure.
- Choice of size, flavor, and style
- Trusted brand for over 90 years
- Perfect for treating and training
- Dogs LOVE the p-nuttier flavor
- Come in fun shapes
- Not all dogs are going to be interested in them
Old Mother Hubbard Classic Crunchy Natural Dog Treats Product Review
Before we delve into the ins and outs of these Classic Crunchy Natural Dog Treats, we have a little background of the company behind the treats.
In 1873, Hubbard & Son Bakery made hardtack sea biscuits, and one day, a sailor gave one of these biscuits to his dog.
His dog loved the biscuit, and this was the inspiration behind Old Mother Hubbard, which was founded shortly after, in 1926.
Since then, the company was bought by a professional in animal nutrition, who then went on to revolutionize the pet food industry.
The Old Mother Hubbard Classic Crunchy Natural Dog Treats are crafted from time-honored recipes that any dog is sure to love.
They’ve been slowly oven-baked to preserve the natural flavors, staying tasty right until your dog has eaten them all!
These treats are perfect for rewarding your dog’s good behavior, and for training your dog. They go well with treat dispenser toys, which are a great way to elongate your dog’s mealtime.
- Wheat – this is an inexpensive source of protein and fat, and is easily digested by dogs.
- Real Oatmeal – the use of real oatmeal is a great source of carbs, protein, and fiber.
- Cane Molasses – this is sourced from sucrose from sugarcane – its what makes the treats taste so yummy, used to sweeten and flavor the biscuits.
- Apple – this is a perfect way of adding fiber to your dog’s diet
- Carrots – Carrots are a brilliant source of fiber and minerals, which is a valuable addition to any dog’s diet
- Turmeric – flavors the treats nicely while boosting your dog’s immune system
There are plenty more ingredients in the treats that make them taste delicious to your dogs, such as paprika, eggs, garlic, and salt. An odd combination of flavors to the human tongue (and nose!), but your dog is sure to love them.
Old Mother Hubbard has included Bone Charcoal, which is great for improving dog breath – all dog owners can appreciate this!
Bone Charcoal also improved flatulence in dogs, which is another thing that dog owners can be grateful for.
Before you buy these, it’s important to check through a more thorough list of the ingredients.
Many dogs are allergic to wheat, so be sure that your dog can digest these treats properly.
In this line of treats, there’s a wheat-free option available, so be sure to choose the treats that are best for your dog.
- 3,275 kcal/kg
- 7% fat
- 12% crude protein
- 5.5% (max) crude fiber
- 11% moisture
Please note that these treats are for intermittent or supplemental feeding only, and shouldn’t be a substitute for mealtime!
The Old Mother Hubbard Classic Crunchy Natural Dog Treats are affordable treats tasty enough to make any dog’s tail wag.
With a wide range of flavors, sizes and shapes to choose from, you’re sure to find the perfect treat for your dog with this line of natural treats.
You can sleep easy knowing you’ve given your dog too many treats, as these treats are made using natural ingredients that are actually beneficial to your dog’s digestion and overall health.
Has your dog tried any Old Mother Hubbard treats yet? If so, what did they think of them?
Let us know in the comments section below, and please share our review with your dog-loving friends!
Share the Love
If you found this post useful, please let others know about it by sharing it.