- Covers up to 210 feet in diameter
- Covers up to 105 feet in radius
- Waterproof collar
- Collar battery lasts up to 3 weeks
- Compact and portable
- 50 x training flags included
- 1-year warranty
- 5 x static levels to choose
Dogs can be as challenging and troublesome as toddlers (if not more!), and it can be difficult to manage them.
One of the biggest fears you have as a dog owner is that your dog will somehow dig his way out of the garden, or jump over the fence somehow.
PetSafe has the solution to this fear – the Wireless Fence. It’s a way for you to contain your dog in a certain area, without the eyesore of a physical fence.
Keep reading for our review of the PetSafe Wireless Fence, including a list of the features, and the pros and cons.
- Adjustable boundary size
- Static-free re-entry
- Long battery life
- Waterproof collar
- 5 levels of static to choose from
- Sound only training mode
- Test light tool
- 50 training flags included
- 1-year Warranty
- Easy portable set-up in 1-2 hours
- Some faulty units reported
- Not as effective on some breeds
PetSafe Stay & Play Wireless Dog Fence for Stubborn Dogs Product Review
Let’s start by talking about the company behind the product. PetSafe has been providing pet products across the globe since 1991. They pride themselves on how much they love pets, and the CEO is a passionate pet owner.
The Wireless Fence is one of PetSafe’s most popular products, and it’s clear why people love it.
What’s in the Box?
- Power adapter
- Receiver collar (and battery)
- Collar charger
- 50 boundary flags
- Test light tool (for testing both the system and the collar)
- Guide on how to use the fence and how to train your dog
- Mounting bracket
- Contact point wrench
How to Use
- The first step is setting the fence up. This fence comes with an instruction manual, and if followed quickly and accurately, you’ll have the fence all set up and ready to go in just under two hours.
- Once it’s all set up, it’s time to train your dog. Check out the professional training guide included in the box, and start training your dog to stay within the boundaries.
- This is where the training flags come in – it’s a physical boundary for your dog to recognize until he knows the limits. Place the flags around the boundary area.
- The next step is enjoying watching your dog run around the garden/ designated area without worrying about him escaping!
- Take it with you if you go camping or away – it’s portable and perfect for vacationing.
The invisible fence covers a huge ¾ acres (that’s a huge 13759.3 square meters) and it’s completely adjustable to your preference.
This is more than enough room for your dog to get his daily exercise and run around freely.
Unlike ordinary in-ground fences, the PetSafe wireless fence allows your pet to return to the boundary zone without being corrected.
He’ll only get a small shock (depending on your chosen setting) for a maximum of 30 seconds when he’s outside the boundary zone.
The fence can be set up to cover anything from 44 feet in diameter/ 22 feet in radius, to a maximum of 210ft in diameter/ 105 feet in radius.
The collar is completely waterproof, so don’t stress about the system failing in the rain and your dog running away!
It will fit comfortably on dogs that weigh anything more than 5 pounds and can adjust to fit neck sizes anything from 6 inches to a huge 28 inches (for reference, it’ll easily fit a great dane).
The collar is compatible with all PetSafe Wireless Fence transmitters, and if you need any extra ones for other dogs, they can be purchased from the seller.
There are 5 levels of static on the collar, meaning you can personalize your dog’s collar settings.
You can choose from:
- Tone only
- Low static stimulation (for more timid dogs)
- Medium/ low static stimulation
- Medium static stimulation (for dogs with average energy)
- Medium/ high static stimulation
- High static stimulation (for more boisterous dogs)
If the collar flashes once every few seconds, this indicates a low battery.
Out of all the wireless fences out there, PetSafe is one of the best. With the training manual, you’re sure to get your dog trained quickly and easily to stay within his boundary zone.
It’s a humane way to prevent your dog from escaping. The PetSafe Wireless Fence system is portable, reliable, and effective – what more can you ask for in a protective wireless dog fence?
Have you tried the PetSafe Wireless Fence before? Or any other wireless fence?
Let us know what your thoughts are in the comments section below, and don’t forget to share this review with your fellow dog-loving friends!
Share the Love
If you found this post useful, please let others know about it by sharing it.